Wellbeing Code’s Kicking Goals program has been designed to connect NDIS participants with sporting clubs across Australia, creating fun, inspiring and extraordinary ways to facilitate – and meet – participant’s NDIS goals. Carers and support workers are empowered to connect with, and learn alongside, their family members and/or participant during program attendance.
- NDIS goal-directed
- Improvement in social skills
- Improvement in functional independence
- Mental health support
- Individual and small group coaching/mentoring
Designed by a team of highly qualified psychologists, and backed with evidence-based clinical content, our Accelerator coaches facilitate innovative community participation group programs for individuals with a disability. All needs are considered throughout the Kicking Goals program, which takes a sports-focused approach to socialisation, building confidence and functional skills exercises. During this program, participants will:
- Meet the sporting team
- Observe the players during a training session of the featured sporting team
- Have a go – footy drills promote communication, social skills and functional movement
- Take part in 25 Plays positive psychology activities, focused on physical and mental health
- Enjoy a social meal (BYO snack/lunch) – a great opportunity for functional skill building or additional social skills training
As part of the Kicking Goals program, our team of Accelerator coaches facilitate innovative community participation group programs for individuals with a disability. We develop and deliver community-based activities suited to the needs and capabilities of individuals with disabilities. Each program takes a sports-focused approach to socialisation, building confidence and functional skills exercises.
The Kicking Goals program promotes active participation in a social, community setting. Participation will help promote independence and support the social and economic participation of individuals with a disability. The day is all about participants making new friends and experiencing something new.